Tuesday, July 20, 2010

7/20/10

Today was another adventure day.
After breakfast we went to Kosta Boda which is a glass making factory right next to outlet stores. The area is known as the kingdom of glass because there are a lot of glass factories and glass stores in the area. I got to watch a guy hand make a plate. The end result was really really pretty! At first I thought he was making a vase because it looked like a ball and also at first it didn’t look colorful, just a reddish orange color. But slowly the guy was able to transform it into a beautiful and colorful plate. It was amazing and I took lots of pictures.
After he finished I went into the store next door to look for a martini glass for my mom...it was kinda hard because there was a handful to choose from. It wasn’t like there was only one style. There were plain normal ones, there were ones with snowflake on them and plenty others. I compared prices and looks and styles and ended up picking one that had blue on it cause i like blue. and the guy convinced me that i need to get one for myself and i tried to explain to him that i cant drink alcohol yet and plus i have one that i got from HRC for my 16th bday and that one has memories...he didnt understand and i ended up buying 2 martini glasses. When I paid for them I tried to see how much it would cost to ship them home but I could have bought 1 and a half more martini glasses with the amount it was to ship. So I guess I’ll have to carry them home myself. I packed them really good in a box and bubble wrap so im hoping they will survive. There is a clothing outlet nearby so I did some shopping for a bit. I got some gifts and I almost bought Jay D some socks that had the swedish flag on them but then I realized the shape the flag was in is a bit inappropriate so im glad I noticed that before I bought them. While buying one of my gifts, I had a whole conversation in swedish with the cashier. It was short and she did most of the talking but i understood her and was able to simply answer, im kinda proud of myself :)
After, we went to a gallery of more artsy (rather then useful products like plates and martini glasses) glass products. There was a lot of things I found that I thought were really cute and I wanted to buy them all. But those things were expensive! There was this one cat one that was SO cute but it cost like 48 dollars in american money. And like I said before, this was an artsy, not useful product store so it’s not like I would have any use for it cept as a dust collector. I did the second best thing though; I took pictures of all of the things I wanted so technically I have them with out having to pay :)
Then i went to a moose farm. Supposedly there are 22 mooses? Moosi? Meese? I have no clue what the plural of moose would be haha! Anyways there are 22 mooses but we only saw 4. it was a hot day so they were all probably hiding in the shade. Even though we didn’t see many mooses, it was fun. Maybe not worth 50 swedish kronors (like $7) but it was still fun. Then of course we ended up in a gift shop and I bought tons of souvenirs…but of course useful stuff.
Then on the way home we bought pizza since everyone was too tired to make anything. I don’t think ive mentioned it yet but here in sweden, everyone gets their own pizza and its like a medium size pizza! It’s a lot of food and so far I haven’t been able to finish it the 2 times so far we went out and got pizza. Luckily their dog likes pizza…or any other food we have for dinner and don’t finish.
It was definitely a long day but fun!

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious! I'm sure the dog loves your leftovers. No wonder he sleeps in your room. He is appreciative. Glad to hear that you are buying lots of souvenirs. Sounds like Dad will have to make you special drink in your new martini glass. I have an idea for a Swedish inspired martini drink, but I'll have to go to Ikea....Glad to hear you had a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of taking the pic instead of buying the glass! Last longer and won't collect dust. Plural of Moose - drum rollllll pleeeeaassseee - M O O S E :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a practical girl! I don't like dust collectors much either...pretty to look at but you have to clean them.

    ReplyDelete