Saturday, July 17, 2010

7/17/10

To describe today in 5 words: rainy, thunder, lighting, music, fun.
Woke up to thunder and hard, pounding rain outside my window. At first I was scared cuz there’s always that few seconds of confusion when I first wake up but when I realized it was just the rain, I relaxed. I just laid in my bed for a while just listening…rain hitting the roof is so relaxing and I love the rain, everything about it.
I finally decided to get up and go down to breakfast (after like 30 or so minutes of just listening) We always eat breakfast outside on their little patio thing (which luckily has a roof) which I especially enjoyed today since I was close to the rain and the fresh air. Breakfast was the same, yogurt and cereal and some cheese on the side. Yummy.
Today we didn’t have any internet since we have to unplug everything when ever there is thunder and lighting. Which in all honesty, I was totally chill with. I had tons of fun, trying out new things with my new camera and trying to capture a picture for my 365 project to portray a rainy day. And of course plain relaxing and listening to the rain and all of us talking about the rain and all that good stuff.
Our plan for the afternoon was to go to a music festival so we were worried that it would be all rainy and stormy there. We had the radio on all morning to listen to the weather. Luckily it cleared up around 2.
At 5 we left to go to a Chinese restaurant. We went today because they were serving a buffet today. When we got there Madeline made me go up and look at the food to make sure there were other things besides rice that I could eat. I did a quick look and saw noodles and some vegetables and fried things that I could possibly eat. When I actually went up to pick out my food, I found that the noodles had some sort of meat in them and basically everything had some sort of meat in it. My plate consisted of (a whole bunch of) rice, fried eggplant, some other fried thing, broccoli & carrots that I picked out of one of the serving trays. The egg plant and other fried thing tasted icky…I don’t really like the taste of fried. The carrots and broccoli were ok but I couldn’t get a lot since they were mixed in with the other things in the serving tray. In fact I think I picked out all of the carrots in one of the serving trays, lol! The rice was really dry and kinda hard but I fixed that with putting tons of sauce on it. It filled me though so it’s all good.
After we drove to Hasslö for the music festival. I got to listen to some really nice Swedish rock music. My favorite groups I heard were Mary Jet, Sinn Fenn and Amanda Jenssen. One note: in Sweden they pronounce the letter J with a y sound. I loved Mary Jet’s lead singers’ hair…she had dreads and her music was nice too! Sinn Fenn seemed to be the crowd favorite. The lead singer grew up on Hasslö so he was a local. Their music was all in Swedish but it was really up beat and happy. Amanda Jenssen was the second place singer in a recent series of Swedish Idol (like American Idol) Vivian and I had front row view right at the stage. It was amazing!
Even though on some of the artists/songs I had no clue what they were saying since they sang in Swedish, I did like them! And I had lots of fun! We didn’t come back to the house till 12:30 in the morning.

2 comments:

  1. As I read your post, I thought wow - she's going to remember this the rest of her life -the weather pattern, smells, journey's, stores, concerts, etc.. Then you'll be able to compare this to all the other places you'll experience in the future. Love your Uncle Yesse! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha uncle yesse! Jay D's name is funnier... its yay haha. the other day Madeline was saying "i make yam with this one fruit" and it took me like 10 mins to finally realize she meant "jam" lol

    ReplyDelete