Sunday, July 18, 2010

7/18/10

I would consider today a pretty chill day. But I would still definitely consider it a memorable day!
After breakfast and playing with Tiger/ feeding him cheese, I decided to brush Zack, the dog, since its summer and I’ve noticed that he is shedding. His coat looked SO shinny and clean after I was done!
Then I had to get ready because we were going to a flea market in Ronneby at Brunnsparken, a park that a few years ago was voted “Sweden’s most beautiful park.”
i really need to learn some numbers bigger then 10 because 10 Swedish Kronors buys me nearly nothing, in fact it’s equal to about $1.40. Haha can’t get much with that! There were SO many people! It was like a huge garage sale. I ended up buying a CD of a Swedish artist, idk who she is but it only cost 5 kronors which is about 70 cents in US money. Her name is Robyn and I'm listening to her songs right now and I kinda like them. And she sings in English so at least I can understand her :)
Then before going home we stopped at the store to pick up materials to make ice cream. A few days ago Madeline mentioned that she had an ice cream maker so Vivian and I really wanted to make some. We made vanilla ice cream completely from scratch and it turned out good and tasty :) it was basically egg yokes, sugar, vanilla extract and cream. And we put it in an ice cream machine that stirred and froze it for us and it only took and hour! Making ice cream was really fun!
From the egg whites we made meringues yummy! That was just egg whites and sugar. The recipe Madeline was following told us to put in chocolate sauce so we put in some. Those took FOREVER to bake!! Like 2 hours! But Madeline said that’s because it was on low heat and basically the meringues had to dry out. They were tasty but I think next time I would like it with out the chocolate sauce because it made part of the meringue chewy like taffy. And I didn’t really like that so much.
I plan to make ice cream and meringues again during this trip for sure!

5 comments:

  1. Hey Deanna - today is the 25th your post is from the 18th - Are the dates correct? Ice cream sounds yummy! Can't wait to see your family tomorrow. It's Katie's birthday, so we're celebrating along with Melissa's too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops today is the Saturday the 24th - lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah im kinda behind on writing them and so far ive writen and posted up to the 18th

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure Zack the Dog appreciated being brushed. I think it would help if you knew the numbers higher than 10. Looks like you know how to convert though.

    Jess, keep your dates straight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i now know up to 13 :) and i kinda wish i brought a calculator with me, it would make things easier. oh and also a watch. i did make a cheat sheep with the conversions of some common numbers (like $10, $5, $20, etc.) so i would know around how much something would cost in US money so thats useful

    ReplyDelete