Monday, July 19, 2010

7/19/10

When I first came, I immediately noticed a soccer field complete with soccer goal nearby so today I went to kick a ball around. Because you know, I have to keep my skills up! Vivian came too. She has never played soccer before today so I was teaching her some of the basic skills. It was pretty fun. It was hot also so after a while we got tired and just laid in the grass. We just watched the clouds and I let Vivian listen to some of my music on my iPod and I heard some of her music. Hers were all in Chinese of course but they sounded nice.
After a little bit of listening to music and watching the clouds, we got up to walk to Bastasjön Lake, the one we saw with Anders on Friday. It is way peaceful here! There was nobody else there; it was like we had the whole place to ourselves. When we were here on Friday, Anders showed us a path around the lake so we decided to walk it today, the sign said it was only 1.5 km. we got about a quarter of the way and came to a block and there was a sign but it was in Swedish so I have no clue what it said. So for all we know, the path was closed for some reason. So we turned around and headed towards the house.
On the way we saw a play ground so we stopped there for a long while and just chilled. We did some sliding on the slide and swinging on the swings and we talked about what our schools are like. Vivian went to an all girls high school (well our high school equivalent) and they have a huge public exam to get into high school and another one to get out of high school. She says it’s really tough. Also the government assigns where each student will go to high school. It was a very interesting conversation.
Nope, I didn’t do much today, just a lot of chilling, some soccer and a very short hike. It was a nice relaxing day!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a day I would like to have. I believe you are now at the nature camp. Cool you played around w/ a soccer ball!

    ReplyDelete